Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox Applet 0.1.0 Released

Hi,

> I haven't looked into it.  I *think* that there isn't a reference added
> to the GNOME_Rhythmbox object you get from bonobo-activation for the
> client, so that when you unref it, the reference count goes to zero, it
> gets destroyed, and Rhythmbox closes in response.  But that's just a
> guess.  I don't know enough about Bonobo to know if this is expected
> behavior or not.

After asking to someone more knowledgeable than me about bonobo, here is
the answer I got, hope that's helpful:

<gjc> teuf: when one activates a bonobo object, you get a shared
reference, and if you unref it the server quits as it should
<gjc> I know for sure that the reference count on the object being
activated is never incremented (unfortunately)

Christophe