Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] use of modelfilter around sourcelist-model breaks drag and drop

On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 22:49 +0200, Bastiaan Van Eeckhoudt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the use of the modelfilter around the sourcelist-model breaks drag and
> drop to the source list.

Hm, yeah :/

> The GtkTreeView gets passed to the rb-tree-dnd code. That grabs the
> model and tries to get the RB_TYPE_TREE_DRAG_DEST interface. It then
> fails, since it's using the modelfilter, which doesn't implement this
> interface.

Ok, right.

> I made a quick hack (see patch), which checks if the model of the
> treeview is actually a modelfilter, and then gets the real model.
> This makes DnD work again, but I'm not familiar enough with GTK to
> know if this will work if there's a filtered source. Maybe the drop
> will land on the wrong item?

Yeah, I'm almost positive it will, if the treeview and drag and drop
code are using different models.  I'm looking over your patch now and
thinking about this problem.   Our drag and drop situation is a huge
mess...