Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Syncing the RhythmDB on every update

> I think it would be easier to just have a thread which sits around and
> checks whether the db is dirty or not, and if it is, saves it.  You
> could do this just with a boolean and a mutex/condition pair inside
> rhythmdb.c, and another thread dedicated to saving.
>
> That way you wouldn't have to change code elsewhere in rb.

Doesn't gnome-vfs have a daemon now that will check for you whether a
filesystem has changed?  I was under the impression that was the case.
That would reduce the complexity of checking whether the db is dirty.
Unless I got this thread totally wrong.

sri