Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Ripping CDs

Derrick Ashby wrote:
> No, wait.  I just tried to run Sound Juicer by itself, and exactly the same
> thing happened.  I get a window with two grey panes and a white pane in the
> middle, but nothing else.

I get this when running sound-juicer as a normal user. It works as
expected when run as root. The downside of course, is that you have to
run it as root!

Not sure why this is; perhaps it's not handling a "permission denied"
trying to read the CD drive properly or something.

--
  Matt Hughes
   + mhughe@uvic.ca