[Rhythmbox-devel] date metadata

Hello,

This feature request has been around for ages: what about date metadata and modification time support? I compiled the latest 0.9 version of rhythmbox, and I see that some features such as a new database backend (libgda) and HAL support have been added. That's fine, but why hasn't anyone added something as simple as date support? I'm not the only one who would like to sort albums by release date, and use smart playlists based on the date they were added to the library.

I would gladly do it myself if I new C and Gstreamer, but I don't. I'm sure this is something that could be done in a day. Am I wrong?

Come on, this is such a core feature... Could someone please implement it for 2005? That would be a great new year's resolution.