Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] playlist source burner

Hey Colin,

On Sat, 2004-08-28 at 21:37 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-08-27 at 18:04 -0400, William Jon McCann wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I wrote a playlist source burner patch (for CVS head):
> > http://acs.pha.jhu.edu/~mccannwj/rhythmbox/rb-burn-0.1.patch
>
> Cool!
>
> > TODO:
> >   - verify the playlist size
> >   - verify the temporary directory space available
>
> Would be nice, yes.
>
> > Otherwise, it seems to work pretty well.
>
> Some comments:
>
> I'd like to move rb-recorder* into player/ instead of lib/; The ultimate
> goal would be for lib/ to not exist, it's mostly code that isn't
> Rhythmbox specific and should be in some other library.
>
> I agree with Bastien about the temporary folder UI (and GConf key).
> nautilus-cd-burner just uses g_get_tmp_dir, this should be fine.  I
> don't see a reason why an even halfway modern system wouldn't have space
> for a CD image on the normal temporary directory paths.  And if they
> don't, then we can add some code to autodetect large local volumes.

Actually, nautilus-cd-burner uses either the user provided path,
g_get_tmp_dir or the user's home directory, and checks the space left in
each of them for that.

> I see you are including the patch to do DND on the filtered model in
> this patch.  I guess that's a reminder for me to look at the issue :)
> Still not convinced that's the right thing.

Well, there's gonna be a need to be able to reorder the tracks.

> Also, instead of having a preference for the device in Rhythmbox, I
> think this makes more sense inside the new "Removable Storage" capplet;
> n-c-b could use it too.
> Most people will only have one CD recorder, those few who have multiple
> and want one other than the default can use the preference.

Hmm, it'd be easier to pop it in the "Burn" dialog (which will be needed
to know if the user wants the 2-second gap or not).

<snip>
> On a larger issue, have you investigated how much code-sharing is
> possible with n-c-b?  Maybe Bastien has some comments on this.

If you think there's need for more code sharing, we can move some code
from nautilus-cd-burner to libnautilus-burn. There's already quite a lot
of that, but I accept patches :)

Cheers

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
Almost every day, this pack of Gorillas would come and kick my ass. --
Mark Wahlberg