Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] ID3 support: not what you think!

On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 01:04 -0500, Andrew Conkling wrote:
> Hi, first of all I love EasyTag so would actually prefer a lack of ID3 support in rhythmbox.
>
> Ok, now that that's out of the way, I have a suggestion:
> I make heavy use of the comment field in ID3 tags to tell apart multiple recordings of the same piece of music (e.g. Cleveland Orchestra's recording of a symphony different than Berlin Philharmonic's).  However, I notice in rhythmbox that there's no option to display the comment at all in the library.  Suffice it to say that I wish it were configurable exactly which ID3 fields were enabled for display in the library.

First off - I know next to nothing about how classical music should be
tagged, but aren't the artist and composer tags the places for this?
(this is how itunes/ipod does it, i think) Perhaps it would be better to
add a composer to the preferences dialog.

--Matt Jones