Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] playing streams hangs RB

On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 10:52, John Russell wrote:
> I am running RB 0.8 with gstreamer backend.  Every time I try to play
> any of the preset radio stations, RB hangs.  It becomes unresponsive and
> stops repainting when other windows move on top of it.

Probably the site is down.

> Below is the rythmbox --debug output from when I press play on one of
> the radio stations.  It appears to hang when making the connection,
> however, this happened with every radio station I tried (at least 5).
>
> If the station can't be contacted, should the UI hang like this?

No, but fixing it is hard.  It is something I do plan to do though.

> Is there any way to recover?
> Are all of these presets out of date and now unavailable?

Possibly some of them are.  Honestly I only really use the SomaFM ones.
In the future I'd like to get David Dollar's start on an icecast
directory integrated and just ship that.

This is a digitally signed message part