Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] can't play file....
- From: Benjamin Otte <in7y118 public uni-hamburg de>
- To: Sanchez the Cactus <sanchezthecactus yahoo com>
- Cc: rhythmbox-devel gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] can't play file....
- Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 14:28:06 +0200
Quoting Sanchez the Cactus <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> running gst-launch-0.8 gnomevfssrc location=08\ -\ Drain\ You.mp3 ! typefind
> ! esdsink
That's supposed to not work. Typefind doesn't decode the file. If you want to
test the pipeline Rhythmbox uses, try
gst-launch-0.8 gnomevfssrc location=/path/to/file ! typefind ! spider !
with the right file and output sink obviously.
And in general for every file that does not play back but should be supported:
1) Open a bug report for GStreamer
2) Provide a way to get that file. A link is as good as a mail address or IRC
to contact you and request it.
If you do those two things it should just be a matter of time.
And that time can be reduced by nicely asking the GStreamer developers to look
at the bug on IRC.
PS: Did I mention that Rb debug output sucks?
] [Thread Prev