Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Playback speed

On Sat, 2003-09-27 at 04:11, Stewart Jeacocke wrote:
> On 2003.09.26 21:30, Brian Yoon wrote:
> > The playback speed of rhythmbox on my computer is way
> > too fast.
> >
> > I have a 1.4 GHz AMD with 512 MB RAM.  I am using my
> > onboard sound on an ECS K7S5A motherboard (I believe
> > an SIS chip).
> Have you checked the playback speed in other apps. I had this problem a
> couple of years ago and it was due to the alsa driver for the sound
> card.

Yes, if you are using the alsa system versus standard oss(kernel 2.4.x
and below), you may have issues. It is recommended that you make alsa
use oss emulation in order for Rhythmbox to play properly. I have not
seen the gstreamer alsa plugin work for some time at least in the 0.6.x
branch.

--
Sean Harshbarger		|   "Only two things are infinite,
harshy@dersoldat.org		|   the universe and human stupidity,

Key fingerprint = 086A AA96 51DD D84D 3E64  1B26 778F 2335 C828 E736

This is a digitally signed message part