Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] [patch] Show window when not visible
- From: Rached Ben Mustapha <rached benmur net>
- To: Colin Walters <walters verbum org>
- Cc: Rached Ben Mustapha <rached benmur net>,rhythmbox-devel gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] [patch] Show window when not visible
- Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 00:04:27 +0200 (MEST)
> > How will the recent discussions about show/hide impact the bonobo
> > interface ?
> Ah, now that show/hide has now been restored to its original behavior.
> > I think I'll have some time to hack on it and sync it with the
> > source this evening or this week-end - I'm still motivated :)
> Nag, nag :)
> Are you running into any trouble?
Well, not code-wise, thanks :). I just managed to get extremely busy :(
> People keep asking me about extending the Bonobo interface (for writing
> a gdesklet), and more commandline options for play/pause/next etc., so
> I'd really like to see this patch in :)
Ok, so I promise I'll post the updated patch tomorrow (I'm not at home) in its
current state at worse (which should apply and compile and work fine) :).
And in case I get some extra time, what are the features people would like to
have ? I can see, apart from those already existing :
- stop (is it really useful now that the sound device is released on pause ?)
- get current / total song time, and maybe seek to a given second in the song
- get/set visibility, repeat and shuffle
I'm not sure if the bonobo interface is suited for library/source operations
such as inspection and selection, as data sets can be huge. If those are
useful I'll write another patch :)
] [Thread Prev