Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] visual plugins ?

The biggest problem is that iTunes (and Winamp) treat visualization
differently from GStreamer. Visualization in the former cases is a
"here is the audio data, and here is the screen to draw on" way of doing
it, visualization in GStreamer is a "here is the audio data, now give me
video data" way of doing it. GStreamer visualizers never render directly
to the screen.

So supporting the API would mean you couldn't use the GStreamer framework.

Benjamin