Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] [PROPOSAL] A new rating approach

On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 08:28, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> On gio, 2003-11-13 at 10:42 +0000, mmarquee@btopenworld.com wrote:
> > >  from:    Luca Ferretti <elle.uca@infinito.it>
> > >  date:    Thu, 13 Nov 2003 10:07:57
> > >  to:      rhythmbox-devel@gnome.org
> > >  subject: Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] [PROPOSAL] A new rating approach
> > >

> > > 5. Add the same menu in tray icon, probably s/_Ration/_Rate this Song
> > > and adding a "Rating: XXX" in tooltip to show current rating.
> > >

> > Will this not push further into _is it a tray icon, is it an applet?_ territory?
> >

> Dunno. Where is the tray icon behavior proposal/spec?

There seems to be a general _We know what a tray icon is when we see it_
attitude, and the 'rb' tray icon come in for abuse in the discussion
below! I'm not suggesting we get rid of it, just that others are
suggesting it ...

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/usability/2003-September/msg00146.html

The clearest guidelines I can find are here ...

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2003-March/msg00351.html

Again, nothing official to go on, so I think its a judgement call.

Mark H.