Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Re: Rhythmbox branching

Mike Hearn wrote:

>On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 00:56:33 -0600, Sir Jeffrey Yasskin scribed thus:
>

>>What's the "right" way to update our local arch branches to point to the
>>new version?
>>

>"tla replay" to get you to the tip of 0.6
>"tla set-tree-version
>walters@rhythmbox.org--2003b/rhythmbox--mainline--0.7"
>"tla replay" to get you to the tip of 0.7
>
>thanks -mike

I think that's not quite what I want. That'll work if I have a `tla get`
copy of the mainline, but I have a branch tagged to walters' tree. What
I've done so far is to update that branch to the tip of 0.6, then tagged
a new local 0.7 branch. Then star-merge
walters@rhythmbox.org--2003b/rhythmbox--mainline--0.7 complains that the
trees are unrelated. I think what I'll do now is use tla replay to force
the trees to become related. Will that break anything?

Thanks,
Jeffrey