Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Spider element

Title:
I had the exact same problem but with mp3 files. To make matters worse I noticed that I already had spider element installed among the core gst plugins.  I had to look through the code to realize that It throws that error when It can not find an mp3 decoder gst plugin. (giving error about spider element seems to be a misnomer left after some code cleanup/downsizing).
Its in the monkey media play tmp file. (or something close to that dont remeber exactly).
Spundun
btw I was using latest arch at that time.
Luca Ferretti wrote:
A small quote from http://www.osnews.com/printer.php?news_id=5066

<quote>
Fedora has also bundled something called Rhythmbox version 0.5.3 to play
radio station music and other types (vorbis). I fired it up and tried to
connect to Digitally Imported (Netherlands) but it popped up an error
'failed to create spider element, check your installation'. So I checked
the properties for that stream, and they were listed as
http://213.73.255.244:8000/, I copied and pasted that address into
Mozilla and it showed me a U ShoutCast D.N.A.S Status page saying the
stream was up and with 43 of 300 users listening, so why couldn't I hear
anything. It quickly dawned on me that once again I needed a plug-in to
listen to these online radio installations, the help files included with
Rhythmbox stated that the player plays MP3, FLAC or OGG/Vorbis files,
but didn't mention where I could add the ability to play MP3 streams. It
would be useful if Rhythmbox included a message like the one in XMMS
detailing that this MP3 support is not included, rather than having
users trying to figure out what a 'spider element' is.
</quote>