Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Mp3 files frequency getting distorted

> Hello,
>   I was trying out rhythmbox (version 0.5.4) from
> http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~liblit/sampler apt repository. All the mp3
> files seem to be playing at a higher frequency. I can see messages at
> the terminal "** (rhythmbox:11548): WARNING **: couldn't set requested
> OSS parameters, enjoy the noise :)".
>   I suspect this is because gstreamer does not support my sound card
> Intel Corp. 82801CA/CAM AC'97 . However XMMS plays these files
> perfectly. Is there anyway I can get around this.
>
> Gokul
> http://pod.homelinux.net
>
> P.S. Please cc me the replies. I am suscribed to the list.
>
> Gokul

I had a similar problem.  I started using esd(b/c my sound card didn't
have good support) and that seemed to work, but esdsink is broken with
gstreamer 0.6.3 so you'll have to upgrade to 0.6.4 if you haven't already
or try the xine backend.