Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Loading of m3u/other playlists

On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 07:30, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-10-21 at 11:56, Justin Miller wrote:
> > First off, want to say what an excellent app this is. Colin, you and the
> > other hackers have made RB into a most amazing piece of software, one
> > that I actively pimp to all my linux using friends (and even a few of
> > those lost Windows souls, hey, it's got one to convert already). I
> > actively download the latest tla source, even made a script to do such a
> > thing, and it usually gets run 3 times a day at least. Crazy? Probably. :P
>
> Glad you like it :)
>
> > Anyway, enough of the praise. I remember that 0.5.4 could load a m3u
> > playlist, didn't work 100%, but it did work.
>
> Give it a try now, I think I fixed it as of patch-248.  I don't know how
> it worked before...
>
> All the playlist parsing code is very ugly, I ripped it out of totem and
> made a quick hack out of it, and it shows...  someone should rewrite it
> someday.

Pfff, it's not like that code is hard to understand, is it?
The code could probably use some XPath in the parsing of .smil and .asx,
but I don't see just what you would change in your rewrite...

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess@hadess.net>
The dandelion swayed in the gentle breeze like an oscillating electric
fan set on medium.