Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Prev/next button behavior

Colin Walters wrote:

>On Sat, 2003-11-01 at 16:10, Jeffrey Yasskin wrote:
>

>>Previous will refuse to go before the beginning of the history, instead
>>it will just restart the first song when pressed.
>>

>What about greying it out at that point instead?  That would be a little
>trickier - you'd have to queue a timer in RBShellPlayer to re-enable the
>button when we pass 3 seconds.

There are at least 3 ways to call rb_shell_player_do_previous() (button
click, mmkey press, bonobo). I think it's safer to define the behavior
of the call in all circumstances, and maybe in addition (in another
patch) disable the button.

>>When next is pressed at the end of the history, it will pick a "random"
>>song from the current filter. ("random" is currently actually random,
>>but needs to be changed to shuffle eventually. This proposal doesn't
>>address that.)
>>

>How about making it pick a song not in the history?

That's part of fixing "random" and so should go in a different patch

>>Double-clicking a song deletes all of the history after the current
>>song, adds the double-clicked-song to the end of the history, and starts
>>it playing.
>>

>Sounds good.

I'll wait till tomorrow to implement this so other people have a chance
to comment.