RE: [Rhythmbox-devel] State Of The Rhythmbox

On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 12:05, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 17:54, Douglas McMorris wrote:

> > > I didn't do the design but I wrote the code. It's not worse than some
> > > other code... I mean, what do you expect for a 5 pages website ;)
> > Why not just do a stylesheet and use a perl script server side
> > include... a simple perl script or two and a stylesheet and then you can
> > change the whole site later on and not have to redo the content or even
> > copy and paste... it would just work.  I'd be willing to do this... I've
> > got a fair amount of experience with it.
>
> The current code pretty much allows that already.
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/rhythmbox/rb-site/
>
> Oh, and I'd rather not see comments about the website unless the person
> is ready to actually do the work on it :)

cool, thanks, i took a look at the stuff from the old site and it looks
like it was done very well... I haven't used php before, but it looks
pretty straight forward and I should probably learn a bit anyways.  As
for your last comment, I'm ready to do some work on it.  Currently I'm
trying to check it out from cvs so I can get it working on my box and
begin playing around with things.  I liked the look and feel of the old
site, I think just updating the content would be enough.  Is there
anything special I need to be able to checkout the website source?? I
know its on sourceforge, I'm guess its not setup for anon access though
right?
--
Douglas McMorris <virage83@mail.utexas.edu>