Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] the future for Rhythmbox

Heya Benjamin,

I have my own ideas about that, having started the project in the first
place, before Jorn took over, but it's not in my power to state one
direction or another, having not written code for it in a long long
time.

I have started working on a database backed library. The database is
SQLite, and clearly, this looks like the way to go for me. Things like
virtual playlists, and search become a doodle, one query away.

I also had plans on RB using the BaconVideoWidget, so that we would get
things like fullscreen, and visualisation for free. This would clearly
be a problem if GStreamer also did the metadata "tagging". Reading
shouldn't be a problem though.

On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 18:58, Benjamin Otte wrote:
> Hi people,
>
> The following text is an answer I posted to gnomedesktop.org when someone
> asked about how new maintainers affect upcoming releases.
<snip>
> And what do you think about them ideas I expressed in that post?

Cheers

--
Bastien Nocera <hadess@hadess.net>