[Rhythmbox-devel] SQL databases

hi

i just read about your plans in using an SQL database for storing song
information, i write to tell you that the Gnome-DB project has recently
completed the implementation of GdaXmlDatabase, which in words of the
maintainer is:

"GdaXmlDatabase will be, with no doubt, one of the nice features of
libgda, and which makes it a generic data management library, not really
100% dependent on a running database server. That is, GdaXmlDatabase can
now (thanks to Philippe) be used by a lot of applications, not related
to databases at all. This class offers a way to store, query and modify
an XML file representing a database. It is used in libgda to
import/export databases, but can also be used as a data storage, like
you do with Berkeley DB, for instance, but much better, since you can
have any number of fields, you can query the data via SQL, and, for
using it, you have to deal with the really nice GdaDataModel class. I am
in fact going to use it in gnome-backup, which I hope will be a good
example to convince other people to use it."

This will bring the possibility to use an SQL server or just a plain
file, which i think is pretty good.  GDA also runs on windows and is
pretty small.

I hope this is of help to you.

Diego