Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] CUE file support?

On Fri, 2003-08-15 at 21:43, Chicken buddy wrote:
> Are there any plans to implement CUE file support for
> users that rip CDs as ~80 minute long files + CUE
> sheets? I personally have about 50 gigs of FLACed
> music with CUE sheets, so I'm unable to seek to track
> points in linux. In windows I use foobar2000 for CUE
> support, and it would be great to have CUE support in
> linux. The actual FLAC tag format has a CUE field to
> store CUE sheets in.
> This is what a CUE sheet looks like, if you aren't
> familar with them:
>
> PERFORMER "Pink Floyd"
> TITLE "Wish You Were Here"
> FILE "Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here.flac" WAVE
>   TRACK 01 AUDIO
>     TITLE "Shine on You Crazy Diamond (Parts I-V)"
>     PERFORMER "Pink Floyd"
>     ISRC GBDJQ9200020
>     INDEX 01 00:00:00
>   TRACK 02 AUDIO
>     TITLE "Welcome to the Machine"
>     PERFORMER "Pink Floyd"
>     ISRC GBDJQ9200011
>     INDEX 01 13:40:20
>   TRACK 03 AUDIO
>     TITLE "Have a Cigar"
>     PERFORMER "Pink Floyd"
>     ISRC GBDJQ9200012
>     INDEX 00 21:11:02
>     INDEX 01 21:11:32
>   TRACK 04 AUDIO
>     TITLE "Wish You Were Here"
>     PERFORMER "Pink Floyd"
>     ISRC GBDJQ9200013
>     INDEX 01 26:20:12
>   TRACK 05 AUDIO
>     TITLE "Shine on You Crazy Diamond (Parts VI-IX)"
>     PERFORMER "Pink Floyd"
>     ISRC GBDJQ9200021
>     INDEX 01 31:54:40

>From my perspective this seems like something very few people actually
do.  can't you just rip tracks to separate flac files??

I personally don't see a reason why we would add this.  Although it is
an interesting concept.

>From the implementation stand point, once support for the seeking and
the reading of cues was added, it could be setup in the library i
think.  I haven't played around with the library loading code to know
how hard this would be to do though.