Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Linux 2.6 doesn't like Rhythmbox

> I'm running Linux 2.6.0-test2 now and found our "itunes clone" Rhythmbox (see
> http://rhythmbox.org) to have choppy playback. Simpler command-line players
> like madplay did not have this problem. (The heavily threaded gst-player had
> this problem, however.) I don't remember having choppy playback with Linux
> 2.4.21-preempt either.
>
> Reproducing this is simple if you run Gnome 2 and the snail-fast gnome-terminal:
> Get Rhythmbox (I used the 0.4.99.2 prerelease from the website), play some
> sound with it and get your CPU to 100% with a fairly high-prio app (I like to
> switch tabs in gnome-terminal). Sound then starts having hickups.

I noticed similar issues with both linux 2.4.21-acsomething and
2.6.0-test2. I also got the problem with gst-launch-ext, but not with
rhythmbox using the xine backend. So I chose to blame gstreamer and
switched to the xine backend for now...

Christophe