Re: Pycairo and jhbuild

On 3/17/06, Brent Smith <gnome nextreality net> wrote:
> Elijah,
>
> So Behdad modified the gnome-2.14 moduleset to make all modules
> dependent on cairo-1-0 and pycairo-1-0.  cairo-1-0 is defined as a
> tarball for the 1.0.4 cairo release (since we don't have support for git
> in jhbuild[1]), and pycairo-1-0 is defined as a cvsmodule.
>
> For some reason, with this configuration, when I try to do a "jhbuild
> update", I get the following error.
>
> jhbuild update: dependent module "pycairo-1-0" not found
>
> but pycairo-1-0 is definitely defined in freedesktop.modules.
>
> To resolve this, I changed pycairo-1-0 from a cvsmodule to a tarball for
> the 1.0.2 release.  I've attached a patch to this email with the change
> in jhbuild.

Uh, I'm a little confused why you sent that here instead of attaching
it to a bugzilla bug against jhbuild...

> If I could get pycairo to work as a cvsmodule, then we could just
> specify the branch tag RELEASE_1_0_2.

If you want to do that, you should be able to by adding a checkoutdir
tag to the pycairo-1-0 cvsmodule; jhbuild expects the checked out
directory name to match the id name and dies if that doesn't happen --
unless you specify checkoutdir.

> Unfortunately, it looks like pycairo HEAD is tracking cairo 1.1 and
> there is no branch in place to track the stable version of cairo[2].  So
> pycairo HEAD will not compile against the cairo 1.0.4 tarball, and
> results in the errors you see in [2].

Yeah I've just been running jhbuild build -s pycairo for the last few
weeks (except when building from tarballs).  I figured someone would
fix it for me eventually.  ;-)

Cheers,
Elijah