Re: Request for freeze break: pessulus

On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 13:49 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> On Mon, March 13, 2006 10:35, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 09:49 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> A new section for pessulus was added to the system admin guide. I'd like
> >> to make the help button of pessulus use it (instead of being a useless
> >> insensitive button).
> >>
> >> The patch is quite simple.
> >>
> >> It should not directly affect sabayon since sabayon uses a copied
> >> version of the pessulus code, however, I'd like to hear from Alex to
> >> know if the change is okay for him (the PessulusMainDialog init function
> >> now needs a new GnomeProgram argument).
> >
> > sabayon doesn't use gnome-libs atm, so it has no GnomeProgram. Would it
> > be ok to pass None for this?
>
> With the current patch, no. I'm attaching a patch that creates a
> GnomeProgram if none is passed.

That strikes me as very wrong. Either sabayon has a GnomeProgram (and a
libgnome dependency, which it doesn't have atm), and then it should
create one itself, or there shouldn't be one at all.

I'm not sure adding one to sabayon is bad, but there is none atm, and I
haven't thought about this much. Thus, it would be nice if passing None
just disabled the stuff that needs it.

> Another solution is to simply hide the button when it's in sabayon.

Yeah. Is the docs that is opened by this button interesting for sabayon
users btw? I.E. is it general or specific to pessulus.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an immortal moralistic master criminal looking for a cure to the poison
coursing through his veins. She's a psychotic snooty mercenary with an MBA
from Harvard. They fight crime!