Re: Possible API freeze break in glibmm?

On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 19:11 -0700, Elijah Newren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This may just be a false alarm, and/or I may be recalling facts
> incorrectly -- if so, feel free to let me know.  I'm just trying to be
> careful.  Anyway, glibmm-2.9.1 was released a couple days ago with no
> previous release targeting glib 2.9 API.  At least on the surface,
> this looks like it's missing the API freeze.  This looks pretty minor
> though, because a quick check of CVS seems to suggest no new API was
> added after the deadline, it was just that no release was made from
> HEAD until now (which IIRC in the past has been treated as a freeze
> break when releases haven't been made).  Anyway, given the minor-ness
> of the break, it's probably one that we could easily approve, but
> could you clarify the situtation for us Murray?

Yes, well spotted. I didn't make any release previously because glib 2.9
was previously breaking ABI for glibmm and I didn't want to be seen to
be encouraging anyone to distribute glib 2.9 for gtkmm-based programs.
When glib 2.9 fixed the problem, I had time to test it and then released
it. I should have asked for permission.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com