naming severities more correctly? [was Re: What if "blocker" meant "blocker"?]

On 1/7/06, Elijah Newren <newren gmail com> wrote:
> On 1/6/06, Ryan Lortie <desrt desrt ca> wrote:
> > Hello Release Team.
> >
> > For next release cycle, I have a simple suggestion to improve the
> > release process:
> >
> > Don't release software with major bugs in it.
> Thanks for bringing this up.  I agree that blocker bugs (meaning the
> "gnome-target" field, not severity=blocker bugs)

I'll probably add my two cents to the rest of this thread later (and
really bugmaster and/or bugsquad should be cc'd), but we might want to
consider renaming the 'blocker' severity to 'development blocker' or
something like that, to make it more clear what the field actually