naming severities more correctly? [was Re: What if "blocker" meant "blocker"?]

On 1/7/06, Elijah Newren <newren gmail com> wrote:
> On 1/6/06, Ryan Lortie <desrt desrt ca> wrote:
> > Hello Release Team.
> >
> > For next release cycle, I have a simple suggestion to improve the
> > release process:
> >
> > Don't release software with major bugs in it.
>
> Thanks for bringing this up.  I agree that blocker bugs (meaning the
> "gnome-target" field, not severity=blocker bugs)

I'll probably add my two cents to the rest of this thread later (and
really bugmaster and/or bugsquad should be cc'd), but we might want to
consider renaming the 'blocker' severity to 'development blocker' or
something like that, to make it more clear what the field actually
represents.

Luis