Re: Requesto for string freeze break in gnome-utils
- From: Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com>
- To: Danilo Šegan <danilo gnome org>
- Cc: gnome-i18n <gnome-i18n gnome org>, gnome-doc <gnome-doc-list gnome org>, Gnome Release Team <release-team gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Requesto for string freeze break in gnome-utils
- Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 14:23:29 +0100
On Fri, 2006-02-24 at 13:19 +0100, Danilo Šegan wrote:
> Hi Emmanuele,
> Since this is for the direct benefit of translators (at least a dozen
> teams can't do the job properly without ngettext()), I give out my
> i18n approval.
> or users would be seeing "%d definitions found" (translated, of
> course) without count being substituted (be sure to fix this in HEAD
> as well).
Fixed, both in HEAD and in gnome-2-14. Thanks for the bug: I've never
used ngettext before. :-)
> For the other string freeze break request, it's about 4 new
> not-so-short messages, and I feel it would be better resolved as
> Vincent proposed: use different filename instead without introducing a
> single new string.
If the rename goes awry, I'll have to add a string in order to inform
the user. The new version, following Vincent's proposal, renames the
file (if found), and just adds the following string:
"Unable to rename file '%s' to '%s': %s"
- error message for g_rename(): first is the name of the
old file, second is the name of the backup file and
third is the error message as returned by g_strerror();
The revised patch will hit HEAD as soon as I send this mail.
> However, since translators will now have to update their translations
> for gnome-utils anyway, here is an i18n approval for that change as
> well, if you insist in carrying it through.
Emmanuele Bassi - <ebassi gmail com>
] [Thread Prev