Re: gnome-screensaver UI review changes

On 15 Feb 2006, at 12:38, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay wrote:

William Jon McCann wrote:

The translatable string is _("%s on %s") and it will have a comment for
translators that says:
Translators: this is "username on hostname"

'username on hostname' is a potential minefield for L10n teams - is this
really required ?

The main point of the comment in the UI review was to have the hostname visible /somewhere/ in the window (so that someone who walks up to a locked display can still find out the hostname, which is quite often useful)... on reflection I'd agree that "username on hostname" probably wasn't the best suggestion though.

If anyone can suggest any nice, l10n-friendly ways to do this, feel free-- otherwise, we should probably just file it as a bug and fix it in 2.16 when we've had more time to think about it.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Team