Re: gnome-panel string change
- From: Joachim Noreiko <jnoreiko yahoo com>
- To: Ray Strode <halfline gmail com>, release-team gnome org
- Cc: vuntz gnome org, gnome-doc-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: gnome-panel string change
- Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 16:43:32 +0100 (BST)
--- Ray Strode <halfline gmail com> wrote:
> For a while now, Ubuntu and Fedora have been using
> "System" instead of
> "Desktop" in the panel menu. It would be good if we
> could get that
> change integrated into gnome 2.16. I've talked with
> Vincent about it
> on IRC, and he seems okay with the idea.
> It's getting pretty late in the cycle though. What
> do you guys think?
It would be great to see this upstream.
>From the docs point of view, it's not a very big
change, but it's a huge improvement for all the Ubuntu
users who have lots of documentation that has the
wrong menu name.
A search for <guimenu>Desktop should catch every
mention of it in the documentation.
I can take care of making the necessary changes to the
GNOME User Guide.
To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Yahoo! Security Centre. http://uk.security.yahoo.com
] [Thread Prev