Re: Minutes of the meeting (2006-07-31)

Hi,

Thanks for the minutes. Here are some comments.

On lun, 2006-07-31 at 18:54 -0600, Elijah Newren wrote:
> Accepting gtk# apps in the desktop:
> ===================================
>
>  Obviously a hot topic, much like evolution and epiphany/galeon from
>  previous releases.  No choice will make everyone happy (not even
>  everyone on the release-team) but most of us agreed that the
>  following middle ground seems to be the best representation of
>  community consensus that we are able to find:
>
>     New modules may be accepted into the desktop or admin releases
>     with a dependency on gtk#/mono, but any modules accepted into
>     either of those release sets without a dependency on gtk#/mono may
>     not gain one without going through the proposal process again in a
>     subsequent release.

(For the record, I'm still not fond of this)

Shouldn't we replace gtk#/mono with "a binding"? This should probably be
true for other bindings too (except maybe python because we all love
python ;-)).

> New module decisions:
> =====================
>
>   + orca, alacarte, g-p-m already decided (IN) at 2006-07-21 meeting[1]
>
>   + gtk#
>     => we agreed at the previous meeting that there was positive
>        consensus, but there was a strong concern about wrapping of
>        unstable API/ABI
>     => agreement that Mike's recent split proposal[2] sounds sane
>     => disappointment expressed about gtk# bindings to gnome-vfs not
>        being in the bindings suite, but the issue not considered a
>        blocker
>     => IN, if Mike's split goes through (wrappers for platform modules
>        in bindings suite, wrappers for desktop libs in desktop suite)

I'd suggest removing the details of the IN since it might sound that
we're pushing for the gnome-vfs bindings to be in the bindings suite and
there's a link to Mike's mail for the details: "IN, if Mike's split goes
through"

Thanks!

Les gens heureux ne sont pas press�