Re: Translations not used in Evolution (was Re: Evolution and Evolution-Data-Server branched)

On 9/18/05, Roozbeh Pournader <roozbeh farsiweb info> wrote:
> The po/ChangeLog that appeared in Evolution 2.4.0 starts with a line
> from Theppitak Karoonboonyanan, dated 2005-09-04. But as you can see,
> the latest change by Theppitak in the version with the gnome-2-12 branch
> happens on 2005-08-09, before the branching happened.

Actually, the last update to Thai translation in gnome-2-12 branch
was on 2005-08-28, and the only changes that will be missed
if the exact gnome-2-12 branch is used are minor changes
made to HEAD in 2005-09-04, right before jhbuild
gnome-2.12.modules was updated:

http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/jhbuild/ChangeLog?rev=1.869&view=markup

I think the difference happenned due to the delay between the
branching annoucement and the update to the automatic build
tool most people rely on.

It might be a pity that I relied heavily on status pages and jhbuild
and didn't check them with the annoucements closely enough.
But I think many others may have some assumptions (or habits)
like I do.

While I agree with Roozbeh for re-releasing according to the
officially annouced status, I think the close synchronization
in jhbuild would be much kindness to translators, especially
in the hectic RC phases. :-)

Regards,
--
Theppitak Karoonboonyanan