Re: totem string freeze breakages

2005/10/23, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>:
> Sorry, it's going to be 3). I will not revert those changes, but you
> were kind enough to warn the translators before I had the chance to.
> The string changes (2 new strings, and 1 string change) were necessary
> to fix bugs. I could gratuitiously bump version numbers, but I still
> consider this version of Totem to be stable, and fixes known bugs.

Sorry, "I felt for committing some random bug fixes" is not a good
enough answer for gratiously breaking string freeze after several
months of freeze.

Some questions to answer:
1) What exact bug reports do you refer to? Please include links.
2) For each of those bugs, what impact on translateable strings do
they have, and why do you feel that they need to go into the stable
branch instead of just in HEAD? (keep in mind that "I happen to
consider it a bug fix, that's why" isn't an acceptable answer)

> As long as no major features are added to the current stable branch, I
> don't want to rob users from bug fixes because of a simple string
> change.

We have allowed well motivated bug fixes that affected strings to go
in post freeze in the past (but obviously only after being given the
chance to review them first), so I really do not understand your
attitude towards the freeze and translators.

Christian