Re: control-center - some input for Common Plan

<quote who="John Rice">

> 3. Front End: my understanding of the current control center applets are
> that they have a front end and back end architecture communicating via
> XML. Would be great if we could support Python based front ends as well.

That's true for the gnome-system-tools, but not for control-center. jrb has
been open to Python-based control-center dialogues for ages, but no one has
ever proposed/submitted one. :-)

With regards to Python as a front end for gnome-system-tools, Carlos has a
'liboobs' library (unfinished?) which would benefit from lots of bindings.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2006: Dunedin, New Zealand               http://linux.conf.au/

   "Do you know what [television news ownership] means to me? It gives me
                the political muscle I need." - Kerry Packer