Re: Upcoming platform deprecations

<quote who="Vincent Untz">

> "These modules are heading towards deprecation from the GNOME Developer
> Platform (they may continue to be supported as individual projects,
> however)."
>
> I wouldn't say they're not supported anymore, but simply deprecated.

Note that I don't say they are unsupported now, just that they may continue
to be supported as individual projects (after being deprecated). They're not
deprecated *yet*, so we can't say that. :-)

> Okay, it doesn't break API nor ABI to not support them. But it sounds like
> breaking the promise of a stable platform. I'm really not sure we should
> say "they're not supported anymore".

We're not - we're just saying that they're going to be deprecated soon.

- Jeff

--
EuroOSCON: October 17th-20th    http://conferences.oreillynet.com/eurooscon/

     "It's only ironic because it's true." - Reflexive irony, overheard