Re: 2.11/2.12 schedule?

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 15:28:11 +0200, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
> Jeff has a draft schedule here?:
> http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointEleven
>
> If there are no objections, can we publish this soon?

Oh, cool.  I'm glad to see it already exists; I was going to create
one today (though I was also going to create one several days over the
last couple weeks and it keeps seeming to slip off the priority
list...).  Anyway, a couple comments:

-We're announcing this somewhat late, so it may make sense to shove
the 2.10.1 release back a week.

- It'd be nice to specify at what time on Mondays that the tarballs
are due (I saw lots of confusion over this and found that there was
wide interpretation of what it meant, from must be uploaded before
Monday, to may release as long as it's Monday somewhere, to release
isn't until Wednesday so Monday isn't the real deadline).  I'd prefer
to have it mean before the end of Monday (in one of the later
timezones), so that people don't need to interrupt weekend activities
to get a tarball out (or release early and miss out on
translation/documentation additions).  Of course, maybe I'm just
making a big deal out of nothing...

- Seeing Paul's comments on Garnome, and the time-consuming process in
general of getting releases out, do we want to push the release dates
out a day or two to the Thursday or Friday of the week in which the
tarballs are due?

Cheers,
Elijah