Re: gnomeprint* 2.10.2 released, and branched

ons 2005-03-23 klockan 18:13 -0500 skrev Jody Goldberg:
> On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 11:43:10PM +0100, Christian Rose wrote:
> > ons 2005-03-23 klockan 13:33 -0500 skrev Jody Goldberg:
> > > [...]
> > > libgnomeprint and libgnomeprinui have branched for 2.12 development.
> > > Pending patches include a win32 backend, and ui improvements for
> > > printer properties.  Translators should continue to pull from HEAD.
> >
> > I'm not sure I follow why translators should continue on HEAD. Are you
> > not going to make any more libgnomeprint* releases from the gnome-2-10
> > branches?
>
> There may be additional 2.10.x releases, but there will not be any
> string freeze violations.

If there may be additional 2.10.x releases, then we should list the
gnome-2-10 branches in our GNOME 2.10 translation status pages, like we
always do with other modules that have branched into stable gnome-2-10
branches.
Otherwise, translators committing new, updated, or improved translations
to libgnomeprint* HEAD would become very disappointed when they later
discovered that their changes weren't included in the libgnomeprint
releases for GNOME 2.10.x.
That's why the statement "Translators should continue to pull from HEAD"
confused me. Thanks for clarifying this. I have now updated the GNOME
2.10 translation status pages to show the libgnomeprint* gnome-2-10
branches.

Christian