Re: gdm2 string freeze breakage

Abel/i18n team:

There are two affected messages. First of all, it is this added message:

	#: gui/gdmlanguages.c:83
	msgid "A-M|Chinese (HongKong)"

Which, AFAIK, includes a typo. It is supossed to read "Hong Kong",
right?

You are right. I'm from Hong Kong too, so let me express my opinion on
this:

Hong Kong users have been using Taiwan locale for ages, and major
release is imminent, so it's not very fatal to have the change delayed.
However, if possible, I'd wish the string change be proposed to
gnome-i18n again after a few days after this release, as Hong Kong
users are starting to realize the necessity of having zh_HK.

Now that GDM has been branched for GNOME 2.0, I went ahead and added
"Hong Kong" back into gdmlanguages.c.  This time I include a space
instead of "HongKong" so this should be taken care of.  I noticed that
both zh_CN and zh_TW used the term "(simplified)" so to make the
descriptions different I changed it for zh_TW to be "(Taiwain)".
Let me know if this is incorrect or needs to be further improved.

In other words, it now looks like this in gdmlangauges.c:

        { N_("A-M|Chinese (simplified)"), "zh_CN", [...]
        /*Note translate the A-M to the A-M you used in the group label */
        { N_("A-M|Chinese (Hong Kong)"), "zh_HK", [...]
        /*Note translate the A-M to the A-M you used in the group label */
        { N_("A-M|Chinese (Taiwan)"), "zh_TW", [...]

--

Brian