Re: Patch for showstopper #146075

Hey,

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 10:13 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The patch [1] fixes a race, possibly causing a panel crash when the
> background changes.
> The real showstopper should probably be bug #128317 [2].
>
> The credits should go to Federico since his explanations were more than
> helpful. It fixes the problem for me.
>
> I'm thus requesting a hard code freeze break. I'd like to commit the
> patch before releasing 2.9.92, if possible. But if you think this should
> wait for more testing, I'll release 2.9.92 asap.

	I'd only be worried about the patch because it involves a server grab
which always has the potential for hanging the desktop completely.

	But as long as it goes in this release, so it gets testing, I think it
should be fine. In fact, my view is that the code freeze isn't really in
effect until the release goes out.

	Approval 1 of 2.

Cheers,
Mark.