From: James Henstridge <james jamesh id au>
To: Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
Subject: Re: jhbuild with tarballs
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 11:19:21 +0800
Murray Cumming wrote:

>Hi James,
>
>I'm trying to create a completely-tarballs gnome-2.10 moduleset for
>jhbuild. I've either found a strange bug in jhbuild or there's an error in
>my .modules file? I'd really appreciate it if you took a quick look.
>
>The problem is that it is skipping the pango module, and even seems to
>ignore it when I do a buildone.
>
>For instance, when I do
>  jhbuild --moduleset=gnome-2.10tarballs.modules buildone pango
>I get just
>[murrayc localhost murrayc]$ jhbuild
>--moduleset=./gnome-2.10tarballs.modules buildone pango
>*** success *** [1/1]
>
>However, pango does show up in the list when I do
>jhbuild --moduleset=./gnome-2.10tarballs.modules list pango

That's weird.  I just tried the same command, and it looked okay here
(it started downloading the pango tarball).  Does its behaviour change
if you use a full path for the modules file?

By the way, if you want to create an all-tarball module set, I wrote a
few scripts that might help.  They are in jhbuild/scripts/.  The idea is
to list the dependencies in makefile-style syntax, and run the
mk-tarball-moduleset.py script on window.gnome.org and get it to work
our the URLs, version numbers, file sizes and checksums.  It also takes
a file containing this information for tarballs found elsewhere.  Here
is an example of its output:
    http://www.gnome.org/~jamesh/jhbuild/gnome-2.6.1.modules

James.
--