Re: GTK+ API freeze and bindings

On 7/15/05, Luis Villa <luis villa gmail com> wrote:
> On 7/15/05, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:

I agree.

> > > Did we come to a consensus regarding GTK+ 2.8?
> >
> > I think yes, while asking people to be cautious.
>
> Agreed, though if Elijah is running HEAD, I'd love to hear his impression.

Due to disappearing off the face of the planet for a while
(http://www.gnome.org/~newren/blog/2005/Jul/03), I've only been
running HEAD for about 2-3 weeks and haven't really stress tested it,
though I have run using it for all my daily work during that time and
it's been solid for me.  I am aware of two issues as related to WM
interaction, but neither provide a regression relative to the Gnome
2.10/gtk+ 2.6 combo and both require Metacity fixes first anyway.  So,
I also agree with Murray.

Elijah