Re: [PATCH] bug 145237: parent-folders button does not look like a button
- From: Luis Villa <luis villa gmail com>
- To: Mark McLoughlin <markmc redhat com>
- Cc: "release-team gnome org" <release-team gnome org>, nautilus-list <nautilus-list gnome org>, Michael Henson <mike axl net>, Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] bug 145237: parent-folders button does not look like a button
- Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 08:31:14 -0500
I prompted Mike to send it to nautilus-list and release-team. :) I
personally think that:
1) it is a small change that oughtn't affect docs or screenshots
2) it makes the usage of an important and sort of undiscoverable
feature more clear for users
3) the patch is fairly unintrusive and so a low QA risk
So I urged that it be brought up again.
[Also, the patch has been rotting for several months, and that seemed
Anyway, so, that's how I feel :)
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 09:55:10 +0000, Mark McLoughlin <markmc redhat com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 10:46 +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 23:41 -0500, Michael Henson wrote:
> > > I had brought this up a while back, but no progress came of it. Seeing
> > > as there has not been any better solution would it be ok to get this
> > > added? It is such a small change, but I think it would really help
> > > people to identify that area actually having a purpose other than
> > > displaying the directory name.
> > >
> > > If the icon is still deemed a waste of space I can remove it, but I do
> > > think it helps give a better indication that the button will allow you
> > > to open another folder than just the bevel alone.
> > I think this makes sense. However, we're now totally UI frozen, so such
> > a change would have to be accepted by the release team. I've cc:ed this
> > to the release team to hear their opinion.
> Well, what's your opinion? Do you think the benefits of the change
> warrents breaking the freeze? If so, why?
> release-team mailing list
> release-team gnome org
] [Thread Prev