Re: Request for breakage in gnome-panel

On Sat, 2005-02-12 at 19:19 -0500, Bryan Clark wrote:
> Hey ~
>
> I'm requesting a break in the 2.10 freeze for bug 167090 [*] to go
> through.  I put some detailed reasons in the first comment of that bug.
> Plus there is also some fascinating commentary by me in comment 13 of
> bug 161613 [**] regarding the same issue.  ;-)
>
> Simply put I'd like to remove the 'Run Application' menu item from the
> Applications menu top level since it shouldn't be something that most of
> our users are expected to interact with very often or at all.  This
> doesn't mean removing it's functionality, just removing it from the main
> menu.
>
> This isn't a very big deal obviously, I feel it's just a bit of polish
> that I'd like to see make it in.  Thanks to Vincent for doing all this
> awesome work.

This is exactly the sort of UI freeze breakage that I don't want to see.
Most UI freeze break requests involve no more than fixing up a
screenshot,
if they require any documentation correction at all.  This is the sort
of
thing that could not only require rewording, but possibly require moving
sections around and rethinking the flow of the document.  Not trivial.

--
Shaun