Re: UI freeze breakage (maybe): sync empty trash alerts in nautilus and trashapplet

Il giorno gio, 27-01-2005 alle 11:03 +0100, Murray Cumming ha scritto:
> On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 10:49 +0100, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> > Il giorno gio, 27-01-2005 alle 10:40 +0100, Murray Cumming ha scritto:
> > > Why do you need this freeze break? Why can't it wait for GNOME
> > > 2.11/2.12?
>
> I can't find an answer to this question. Please make this easy for us.

Sorry for the lag and the incomplete breakage request. This freeze break
is needed to display the same confirmation alert when you empty your
trash with Nautilus and when you do the same with Trash applet.

The Nautilus code was updated about 2 weeks ago to use the
GtkMessageDialog API instead the "custom" GtkDialog and to use the
WARNING icon instead the QUESTION one as suggested by HIG.

The Trash applet code for this confirmation dialog was just a cut-and-
paste from nautilus code.

So currently we have 2 different appearances (nautilus vs trashapplet)
to confirm the same action. So I like to see this change applied in
2.9/2.10 timeframe.

Davyd asked me the release team approval before apply the patch to re-
sync the trash applet code to nautilus code.

Cheers.

PS We are speaking about a confirmation alert. Do we really need a
release team approval to change it a bit?

--
Luca Ferretti <elle uca libero it>