Re: Dependency question for gnome dictionary

On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 23:46 +0100, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The new Dictionary code (soon to land in gnome-utils HEAD) introduces a
> small-ish library called libgdict; it's a transport-agnostic library
> used to interface to various dictionary sources (like a RFC2229
> dictionary server, but I plan to add support for HTTP access using
> libsoup and direct file access for StarDict dictionaries).  It's based
> on GLib and GTK+, and it resides inside the gnome-utils module
> (gnome-utils/gnome-dictionary/libgdict, inside the "new-dictionary"
> branch).
>
> This library tries to address feature requests for the Dictionary, and
> fixes the leaks and unmaintainable code that plagued the old Dictionary
> code base.
>
> I'd like to propose it for inclusion in the 2.14 release: I can
> guarantee API/ABI stability, and its API is documented following the
> release rules (gtk-doc says 75% symbols coverage, but I plan to add more
> as soon as it lands in HEAD).

Inclusion in platform or in desktop? I'd assume desktop, which means
there are less demands on stability.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a suave alcoholic rock star with a robot buddy named Sparky. She's a
supernatural insomniac safe cracker with the power to see death. They fight
crime!