Re: changing gdm versioniong for GNOME 2.12
- From: Elijah Newren <newren gmail com>
- To: Brian Cameron <Brian Cameron sun com>
- Cc: GNOME 2 release team <release-team gnome org>, Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandriva com>
- Subject: Re: changing gdm versioniong for GNOME 2.12
- Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 10:30:01 -0600
On 8/11/05, Brian Cameron <Brian Cameron sun com> wrote:
> > I was wondering, since gdm version is now way below GNOME own version
> > (we used to have gdm 2.8.x for GNOME 2.10) and since you are watching
> > closely GNOME schedule, if you could follow GEP 4
> > (http://developer.gnome.org/gep/gep-4.html ) to number future GDM
> > releases (you are already following it for branching on CVS :)
> > This will allow packagers to more easily if a GDM release is supposed to
> > be in sync with a GNOME release.
> I think I'll wait to do this until the next release cycle starts, if
> that is reasonable.
> So, in other words, I should bump the number from 2.8 to 2.11 for the
> next release cycle? Sound good?
By next release cycle, do you mean 2.12 RC 1 (i.e. 2.11.92) or the
2.13 development cycle (in which case you would bump from 2.8 to 2.13,
not from 2.8 to 2.11)? Either sounds fine to me.
] [Thread Prev