Re: [Planner] misalignment in Gantt view

Hi James,

> Many (many) thanks...  this had been driving me loopy all day long.
No problem. That's what mailing lists are for, right?! ;)

I had the same problem this Monday. I started with 0.12 on Linux, but
because of usability I changed to 0.13 on Windows and immediately saw this
problem... Made me crazy. What a luck we gave the old GTK+ a try! :)

BTW: beware of entering dates with 31 in 0.13! There is a bug. 0.13
doesn't like days with 31, it would reset date to 1970 everytime you try!
Nasty, but perhaps it's possible to circumvent it.

Sad that there is no keymapping for moving tasks up/down, or now saving of
collapsing or column widths in tabular views.

But apart from that it's working fine.

You only have to be careful with specifying the right begin date of tasks,
otherwise you might end up with strange "loops" in planning for succeeding
tasks. It would be nice to see in the tasks view already whether you
specified fixed start dates or floating ones or a date resulting from a
link...

Good luck!

Marko

P.S.: We gave MS Project a try before coming to planner. Already during
the first tries we had one crash with total data loss. MSP wanted lots of
unnecessary info from us and confused us not only once. planner is simple
enough not to get too confused! I had been able to input tasks and be
satisfied with the output of planner within a few minutes instead. :)
I started to like this tool very quickly!!! Looks like I am also one of
those who got described on

   http://www.simpleprojectmanagement.com/planner/why/notmsp.html

;)

Thanks developers for planner! Made my life much easier!