Re: [Planner] Pre-release 0.12.93

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 16:58:01 +0100
Richard Hult <richard imendio com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > BuildRequires: gtk-doc
> >
> > However, gtk-doc only allowed me to go one step further; the
> > compilation
> > aborted later on with:
>
> Note that the spec file is very out of date, and will not be kept
> updated either. I will probably remove it to avoid a stale version in
> the source.

Mmh... ok. That's sad, but I totally understand you not wanting to
support RPM packaging. I will try to fix the spec file and maybe offer
you an updated version, if that's ok for you. (even if you don't
include it on the distribution tarball, you might want to provide it as
some sort of 'extras').

> > make[4]: Entering directory
> > `/local/costa/redhat/BUILD/planner-0.12.93/data/mime'
> > /usr/bin/update-mime-database
> > "/var/tmp/planner-0.12.93-root/usr/share/mime" ***
> > * Updating MIME database in
> > /var/tmp/planner-0.12.93-root/usr/share/mime... ***
>
> The update-mime-database command should not be run inside packaging
> scripts, it should be run as post-inst scripts. Basically the spec
> file
> is just very outdated.

Got it. I will see what I can do about it.

Best,

Andre

--
Andre Oliveira da Costa