Since then I took the planner source and started looking at it. I found the planner_scale_conf vector and realized how it is used in conjunction with the zoom level in then planner_gantt_print_data_new function.  I realized how I can change the default color which fills in tasks and the weekends in the print version of the gantt.
I also found out how I can rotate the pages in the print preview windows.

Len

On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 02:05, Nicholas Thiele wrote:
Not sure about the other questions but you can definitely show month views.  You do this by ‘zooming out’ there is a button for it but you might need to click the triangular arrow on the right of the toolbar.  You can also press Ctrl and – to zoom out, it’s pretty cool.

Nic

From:planner-bounces lists imendio com [mailto:planner-bounces lists imendio com] On Behalf Of Marilen Corciovei
Sent: Friday, 29 July 2005 5:23 AM
To: Planner Project Manager
Subject: [Planner] Planner

Hello,

I was using planner for some time for managing task for the developers, me being one of them. However in the last time I must interact with sales persons and provide planning for them such that they are aware of product evolution. The first reaction when I gave them a planner print was: I cannot use this, it's unreadable. And when a sales or marketing women starts screaming that it's obvious she will not give any more try in readind that. Of course I do not want to switch to windows of msproject and I am determined to offer them a good alternative with planner.

In order to have the hole plans in a pdf I was usualy creating a custom size page and printed to a pdf file. However this is not easy at all to print it on A4 paper. Am I missing something? Can I scale the printout on a single page (printing only the gantt and not the resources and tasks)?

Also is there a way to show te months in the top instead of weeks and show the weekends? When printed the result is not very understandable for someone which does not want to make a small effort.

Are there any guidelines to obtain a nice printout? A pdf document with the planning which can be easy read. The story with the html generated is also not very good, also a lot of complaints from everyone which is not a developer.

Thank you very much for all the help,
Len