Re: [Planner] Re: Planner on Darwin/FreeBSD making

On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 16:07 -0500, P.A.A. wrote:
> I can't spot any other errors, here's the make from the end of the
> config ... any ideas?
>
> ------
> -config.status: executing default-2 commands
>
> Planner prefix      : /sw
> Build API docs      : no
> Python bindings     : yes
> Python plugin       : no
> Dotnet bindings     : no
> Database/GDA support: no
> Resource usage view : yes

> ld: multiple definitions of symbol __PyGObject_API
> .libs/planner_la-plannermodule.o definition of __PyGObject_API in
> section (__DATA,__common)
> .libs/planner_la-planner.o definition of __PyGObject_API in section
> (__DATA,__common)
> ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _locale_charset
> /sw/lib/libiconv.dylib(localcharset.o) definition of _locale_charset
> /sw/lib/libintl.dylib(localcharset.lo) definition of _locale_charset
> make[2]: *** [planner.la] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> [Alessandras-Computer:~/planner-0.12.1] root#

What annoys me a lot here is that planner application shouldn't have any
mention to python things. Python binding is a library and the Python
embedded interpreter is in a module.
I can't see any reason why planner_la-planner.o or planner_la-
plannermodule.o mention any python thing. That's very disturbing.

What if you try with --enable-python=no ?

Regards,
Xavier.

--
"Complexity has nothing to do with intelligence.
 Simplicity does."